The ICWL 2014 organizing committee and workshop co-chairs invite proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with ICWL 2014 conference. ICWL 2014 workshops will be a half-day or a full-day academic event. The aim is to bring workshop participants together to present and discuss novel research ideas and results related to active and emerging topics in Web-based learning. Workshop formats may be either:
- research paper submission & presentation or
- hand-on workshop with software demonstrations and discussion groups.
The workshop organizers of accepted workshops are required to set up the workshop websites linked to ICWL 2014, to announce the workshop and call for papers or call for participations, and decide on the final workshop program. If the workshop format is paper submission workshop, workshop organizers are required to conduct the reviewing process and get the camera-ready copies ready for publishing.
ICWL workshop co-chairs will coordinate and publish revised selected workshop papers in a separate post-proceedings volume in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) (www.springer.com/lncs) together with workshop organizers. The proposal of hand-on workshop will be published without workshop submission papers as well. Accepted workshop authors are required to have a full registration to the main conference.
Workshop proposals should not be longer than 4 pages in Springer LNCS format. The proposals should include the workshop title, chairs and organizers (program committees), contact information, workshop description with its goals, topics, the workshop format (paper presentation workshop or hand-on workshop etc.), workshop duration, proposed submission deadline and author notification deadline.
Workshop proposals should be submitted via email to the workshop co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to contact us, also if workshop organizers have any questions.
- Workshop proposal submission deadline: March 8, 2014 (extended)
- Notification of workshop acceptance: March 15, 2014
- Workshop authors’ registration and camera-ready papers: July 1, 2014
The proposals are suggested to include the following information:
- Workshop title
- Workshop organizers & chairs and contact information
- Workshop topics
- Relevance of the workshop to the conference
- Workshop format (paper submission and presentations / hand-on / others)
- Important dates
- Historical information about previous workshop edition if this is not the first workshop
- URL of site to host the workshop
- A description of the paper / demo reviewing and selection process
- Expected duration of the workshop (half-day or full-day)
Yiwei Cao, IMC Information Multimedia Communication AG, Germany
Terje Väljataga, Tallinn University, Estonia
Jeff Tang, Caritas Institute of Higher Education, Hong Kong